Tuesday 24 January 2012

Volcanic Xyz

Okay, so let me say first of all, sorry for the long absence; I've been doing other stuff. Secondly, at first glance this may seem like it flies in the face of my previous philosophies on Xyz, but they don't run the show entirely here; no, this Deck is about maintaining card count.

There's a very simple setup here in the main combo. Summon Summoner Monk, pitch a spell for Volcanic Rocket, add a Blaze Accelerator to my hand. Free LV4 monster. Similar to the Monk-Sacred Crane combo, but specifically fishes for a spell. Now, it lose Chaos compatibility, but gains the ability to kill scores of monsters.

Volcanic Shell also gains a new trick in this Deck. Making Lavalval Chain lets me mill a Shell, pay 500 to add one to my hand, and pitch it for the cost of an Accelerator. It also gains the ability to be run with Debris Dragon, who is here for the 8 targets it has (3 Shell, 3 Scattershot, and 2 Maxx C) or in case I need another Summoner Monk target. By the way, I'm Maining Maxx C instead of siding it for one simple reason: the format is so Special Summon heavy that one can provide enough draw for this whole deck.

Tour Guide is here to kickstart the process. I may open into a Zenmaines, but more likely I'm fishing for Sangan to set up a Summoner Monk Combo. Verz O' Wisp is an odd choice, but he qualifies for both Blaze Accelerators, is a wall and a Monk target, and it food for Dark Armed Dragon. DAD and Volcanic Doomfire are the biggest trump cards here; while Doomfire is just a tech at the moment, he does serious damage by virtue of his high ATK and destruction/burn effect.

Finally, the Deck only mains 3 Decree, enough to prevent annoying traps messing me up. However, it sides MANY traps against the format's main hitters (more on that later). Extra Deck is standard, except for the 2 Lavalval Synchros (easily made with Debris for extra beat) and 2 each of Chain and Emeral (one sets up Shell, DAD, etc. while the other is extra Pots of Avarice).

The Deck is currently in the testing phase, but it works wekk because of the hand-maintaining cards. One Maxx C can draw 4 cards easy in this format, and is an ideal counter to the Wind-Up Hunter Loop (for every card they make you pitch, you draw 3!), and Rocket maintains the hand whole being Xyz food or just a 1900 beater.

Well, I'll be back later for a session of this format's must-haves, but for now I'm M saying play hard, play fair, and play with fire! Wait, that's not right...

No comments:

Post a Comment